Thread: adding turbo
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Supporting Vendor

Adding it all up it would come to under $500.00 but you would probably have to redo the exhaust pipe along with a turbo muffler. I have seen posts of people who have put turbo's on the 150 and 250 but they have never reported any numbers on how they perform. This makes me suspicious. You can go with a bigger motor but you will have to fabricate it to fit, which eats up a lot of time and if you don't have the knowledge or equipment it will end up costing you much more. Most will look at time as free and do not equate it into the cost. The way I see it is if I am flat broke today I can go and make more money but time I have yet to have anyone show me how to make more of it and believe me the older you get the more you realize just how short time is. This is not to say that going to a larger engine is a bad idea, just since life is too short I will have a running buggy first to enjoy. I will and am in the process of doing an engine swap on another buggy as I have the time to do so, but I will always have one running buggy to enjoy. A port and polish with a big bore kit will definitely wake the 250 up. I am also in the process of having a performance cam made for the 250 but this takes time and money to do. Hope to have something by mid year or before. Back to the turbo, when you take into consideration the weight to cc ratio the buggy is a little underpowered so the question is will the turbo make that big of a difference on a stock engine. If you should decide to try it make sure you do some numbers on the current buggy then do identical numbers with the turbo so that a comparison can be made, unless you have access to a dyno.