Thread: adding turbo
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM

I agree with both, but lean more toward X's side of the fence. There is no replacement for displacement. This applies both to a bigger engine, and internal mods on the 250 that is already in place. I think if you paired up the internal mods(BBK, P&P, decent cam) and then add the turbo, you should see exponential gains over just one or the other.

I know where you are coming from Tom, as I am a flat rate tech, and I can absolutely put an exact dollar amount on each and every minute I spend working on something, but these are hobbies to us. It would be the same comparison for you if you were a sport fisherman. You can make $_____ amount of dollars catching fish, but now you see no fun in doing as a hobby, as 99% of would be doing it, because you directly equate your time to money being made, or in this case, potentially lost.

I look at what we do here as enjoyable time spent doing something we love. I have to agree with the 'have a running buggy at all times', as I have spent roughly 1 hour of seat time in my yerf in the year that I have had it. Frustrating? Yes. Worth the time and effort? Man, I hope so. Example: When I finish my current project, I will be building a completely new swing arm from the ground up. Yeah, I put a ton of time and work into the stock one, but I am not happy with it as it sits. I am happy to start it over? No, but in the long run, I know I will be much happier that I spent the time and money to build one the correct way, over patching this one up.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 01-13-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: words