View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

I couldn't leave well enough alone! When I fabricate stuff it need NOT have TOO many compromises, that said I was having an issue with putting the belt on without nearly tearing the belt from stretching it.I can now adjust the motor-side to side, front to rear (tightening/loosening the belt). The newest rubber mounts will be a lot better for longevity. I also discovered when I fully compressed the suspension to see if the expansion chamber I built would hit anything I found the carb. was so far out of level it probably wouldn't run or die after a big jump. So I used all that I learned over the past 2 weeks to improve my engine mount & figure out some more adjustments to make it easier to maintain. I try to assume someone else may own it some day and not have the same mind-set or tooling I have. Here's pic's of the pipe I made (will test tomorrow), and my new & improved engine cradle - mount. Also had to make a couple of needed tools- I made a heavy duty tapered cone for shaping the pipe pieces & a broach for making square holes easily.The last pic shows how close the motor sets to the differential & having to overcome the clearance & still be able to get a bolt/tool in there for maintenance.

A small but important note: Though the Pandemic has been terrible for most people. The stimulus money has been very beneficial to my tooling. I managed to buy tools I couldn't afford otherwise that I've needed for a very long time to make building these "Fun Machines" easier & more professional.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (13).jpg (32.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (10).jpg (26.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (6).jpg (40.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (42.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (4).jpg (41.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (45.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (34.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (40.3 KB, 6 views)