View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry that others couldn't make it today as it was a workday.We took advantage of the clear trails and had another great time driving and visiting with these soldiers. For future reference this area is available to us anytime. I'm proud to say that the Helix's took another huge beating and didn't breakdown, Not true for my "different type of buggy" I had to prematurely put it back in the truck as a shock mount steadily bent more & more from the constant pounding to the point it was grinding a groove in my sprocket guard.Didn't want to get stranded out on the"south-forty". If you have a breakage out here you really need to be able to repair in the field as it's some very challenging terrain to try and tow it back. Once again I want to thank our soldiers again for their hospitality and sharing the location of this riding/driving area. They deploy next weekend and hopefully this experience will give them something from home to grin about while away protecting our freedom.
picture: left to right- Bootboy1488 (rik), metalstudman1,Casey (the dog) & Scott
Also the 2 incredibly tough Helix's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rik,jim,scott.jpg (96.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by metalstudman1; 05-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.