View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkartdude View Post
hey im currently in the process of stuffing a tl1000 suzuki motor in my talon and i was wondering if you could post some pics of the swingarm extension on yours as well as any other photos that could prove useful to me. also what problems are you having with yours that make it so dangerous other than just having an obnoxious motor in it? seems like trackwidth could use a little widening and i plan on stretching the swingarm at least 10 1/2" to accomidate my motor...any other issues?

-Adam (widowmaker kart dude)
I'll try to get some photos for you although I'm not impressed with the workmanship that has been done on it. I will most likely be redoing most of it. It also needs the clutch to be relocated. They just put the hand clutch from the motorcycle on the side frame. Soooo when you are shifting, you have both hands off the wheel! Not good. Thats part of the dangerous I was talking about. Also, with that much power, it just gets sideways if you punch it and apparently rolls pretty easy. The person that looked at it before me (potential buyer) did just that. So when I arrived, the roll cage was all bent to one side. Im not sure if I'm going to fix that or just look for a better buggy to put the engine in. It's too much power for that buggy in my opinion.

Here is a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmPhjofc2JQ

Last edited by maconbass; 09-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.