Thread: Quick Build
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysheepdog View Post
Thanks on the aarms.The spindles are form a carter 150 that I cut shorter and the aarms are off the other buggy that were duel aarms.The toe during travel problem is because the ti rod would be to long,this is how this is set up also.But this thing will only have 5'' of travel so it wont be to big of a deal.The shocks are very stiff,stock carter stuff.
i saw that you called it "mama's" buggy, so i figured you were building for a little less severe use. with a limited travel range and stiff shocks you shouldn't have too much of an issue with the toe changes if you set the rack height to the "center" of the travel range, it shouldn't be anything to worry about. once i started getting a lot of travel out of my front end, it got to be hairy handling-wise-- i never knew which direction it was going to dart off when it rebounded. Just make sure the steering has as little slop in it as possible. my homemade U-joints wore out quickly and once that happened i had to start over with a new design.