View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Power User

It's a stock yerf rack that someone bought but didn't use. I'll mod it for more turning radius. It's not going in until i get everything together to do the duals. The distance i have between the steering arms most likely means that i'm going to have create new rods for the rack. I can cut the width easily when i remove and turn the spindle mounts into spindles (rotate them 180, weld the axle through the center of the upright and trim the extensions to whatever i want), but i'm really liking the 53-in. width up front.

The vids i get are pretty horrible, i may take my JVC out with my HD extension cords tomorrow and set it up close at different locations and patch together a video that shows all the corners etc. it's a pretty cool 1/3 or so of an acre, but you really can't see how extreme most of it is. Or was-- I'm chewing a lot of rock out of the trail (chunks the size of bowling balls) and its smoothing out by just riding it.

In the 9 min. video around the 7 min. mark i drive up and over a downed tree (about a 28-32 in. diameter trunk) that's built up with dirt on the top side and has nothing but a 2 to 3 foot drop and the hill falling away on the other. It's another of my old mountain bike jumps. I almost went over it by accident one day and said to heck with it and just hit the gas and was more than a little surprised that it drove over it. In the vid it looks like nothing.

Last edited by x-bird; 12-17-2011 at 09:54 PM.