View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Power User

Man do i ever wish i had a parts washer! Got both engines cleaned externally and inside the transmission/drive pulleys. Also cleaned the Sunls reverse assy, the grease was really thin. The carter's is still pretty decent. I stink!!!! Both have broken variator fans. I'm going to start with the Carter engine on it given that it needs the least amount of parts to work and engine-wise is running. I'm going to put the reverse assembly from the Sunl on it along with the clutch, variator and belt. They all look to be in better shape.

Got most of the parts mounted in the frame for mock-up. I need to offset the drive sprocket on the axle to the left about 1/2 in. or so.

I put a pic below, I was given an injection carb with the Sunl. the trans cover is dated 2000 on it, was an injected engine stock or is this something aftermarket?? I take it the injection goes into the covered hole on the head. The sunl is going to be my hot rod project and the carter the runner.

Got my shocks, going to have oil/spring up front (polaris) and Air/spring with reservoirs at the rear (Arctic cat EXT 550)

PS-- Mike--driven arrived today, gonna hit PP now and get you taken care of ... Now I realize I likely have to do some modding to the mounting plate for the 6 inch so the belt fits I just want to bolt it on and do some riding with my insanely sloppy and ill geometried steering system
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gy65.jpg (33.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg gy66.jpg (24.0 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 01-05-2012 at 12:40 PM.