View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Power User

Been shooting a little video and some pics ... going to do a decently produced 5-10 minute video. No pics of the front shocks allowed for now ;~) Camera fell off the Mig yesterday and broke both mounting tabs on my 18-55 zoom lens, which is my tech article workhorse :~( . The wife smacked my 100-300 zoom getting out of the car a couple months ago (my feature article workhorse) so i'm down to my 35-135, which is my oldest piece--has Por-15, gear oil, spray paint etc on it or my 24 mm fixed lens, which gets really bad vignetting with the digital body. Gotta get the glass to Nikon for repairs.

Anyway ...here's the clearance work on the rack area. I'm going to have to move the shock mounts inboard and add some gusseting for them.

Still working out how to build a nice beefy mounting point for the rear swing arm. I have some 2.5 x 2.5 angle iron. I might use that from corner to corner across the lower rails and tied into teh old frame stubs then add a piece of box tubing behind it. It'll put the rear about 2 inches further back and the GX rear also sets the axle back 2 inches more than the 3203. The rear shocks need rebuilt and a longer line for the reservoir.

Without a cage, this thing looks like a T-bucket ran into Speed Buggy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sarm82.jpg (96.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg sarm84.jpg (97.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg sarm85.jpg (25.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg sarm83.jpg (42.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg sarm81.jpg (34.2 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 01-07-2012 at 08:58 AM.