View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Power User

Having read through some of the issues with the stock axles I expect to have to replace this sometime during the summer. For now, i'll work something up for the sprocket and see how long this one lives.

Got everything tacked in place. shocks are at 125 psi and the springs are pretty soft. Despite how it looks, with me in it, it settles in about 3 inches, don't think i'll have to make anything to level the engine. New shock location gave me enough exhaust clearance, so that issue is no more. after seeing the travel range, i didn't really need to cut that cross tube, but the end result is much stronger and dissipates the load from the shocks a lot better --and it gives nice access to the head/sparkplug.

Final welding will get done later tonight. I have some nice metal rectangles (3/32nds thick by 6x12 or so) with upturned edges (more golf club rack material) that i'm going to use to fill the frame space underneath the seat to help tie that area together.

I can see that with enough power, the way i have the back end connected, I could rip the back section off where the floorpan rectangle ends. I also intend to put in some diagonals from the side bars down to the bottom tubes.

i've gotta switch gears and get on the little kart, as i only have 2 hours left before school's out. raining out,, so no painting today, looks like i'll get the floor and seat mount in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sarm105.jpg (33.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg sarm106.jpg (35.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg sarm107.jpg (43.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg sarm108.jpg (28.6 KB, 30 views)