View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Power User

Getting ready to pick up some tubing and am working on beefing up the frame to be able to support the cage properly and stiffen the entire works.

Up front, the exact layout will really be determined by what needs cut out of the way to install the upper arms. i already know that the main pair of tubes that run from the bottom to the top frame section up front have to get chopped at the vertical to fit the arm mounts. I'm most likely going to remove the outer tubing run as well (where i have the upper fender mount tube) and replace it with a straight run from the corner to the "snout" and support the corners off that.

The roll cage tubing is going to be new, as it no longer exists and was too short after i chopped the bolt-tabs off. I think i'm going to pick it up just a little outboard of stock, at the tubing junction.

On the sides either a single diagonal or an "x" should help reduce any "belly" flexing and will support anything coming from the cage at the rear.

At the rear, the stock setup just looks like a house of cards waiting to flop rearwards, so i'm thinking of tying the cage upper run to the top tube as was original, but then putting in tubes from the top down to the bottom rack tube, then from there down to the base frame corner. about the only way to route it without getting into the shocks.

Thoughts???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sarm111.jpg (28.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg sarm110.jpg (31.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg sarm109.jpg (38.9 KB, 29 views)