View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Power User

OK, so i set out to do something simple today ... align the sprockets ....simple, but not easy. I looked at just spacing out the sprocket with washers,like GX150 did, but don't like the idea all that much. It moves the sprocket off the hub and will introduce the chance of having the sprocket off center giving unequal chain tension through rotation. Whee! ... cue the creepy deja-vu music to the fits and frustrations of setting up my chainrings on my BMX bike every weekend at the track so it ran even all the way around!

Instead i figure, ok i'll just find a tube or hub to slide on the axle and weld in place.

So i measure the axle OD and the hub OD to figure out what it wants ...

How's 30.956 mm or dec. 1.218 ID and 57.94mm or dec. 2.2812 OD. strike you?

Who be programming their mills? lol

No such thing really exists out there that I could find. I did find that the mini shark's original sprocket and brake hub has the correct OD on the flange portion, it's machined so it should be nicely concentric. I may bring it along to the machine shop tomorrow to see if he'll bore and face it, but i really don't like dumping anything extra in that trip.

Ti'l then, I think i'll pop a few washers in to make sure that it's the right width. if not, i'll have to have him do both sides of it and chop and stack them. I'll still need to space the sprocket off the original hub, but at least this method will provide support and correct centering of the sprocket around the axle.

If anyone knows of a hub that will slide onto the stock yerf axle, please let me know!