View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Lite Contributor

well i spent over 12 hours today trying to get this new carb to work, its 2 am and i am just to tired to go any longer, we got it to run but barely and it idles very bad, we arent exactly new to tuning carbs so we are stumped. to get it to even run with out breaking up bad at high rpm i had to put my 105 jet in it, 127 and up just miss badly , the air screw pretty much does nothing infact its the first carb i ever seen that it runs best with the screw all the way in bottomed out, most like around 1-2 turns out. while it wont idle smoothly we did get a speed test in and its actually 1 mph slower then my stock carb. i think i got a defective carb at this point and will call mike in the morning to see what he suggest. there is no reason we shouldnt hav ebeen able to bolt it on and do a little minor jet tuning and go ride, the bad news is we are having some people to come over sunday to ride and now my buggy is all converted throttle cable wise and intake ect for this carb that dont work so unless i get it working some how theres gonna be some bummed out people who wanted to ride. sucks mike is across the country aint no way to get a new one any time soon. we did all the basics check the float level, air leaks ect ect we checked every thing a dozen times. we took the carb apart and noticed what looks like unfinished passages for the pilot circuit, perhaps its just a defective carb.

Last edited by JustinSane; 09-12-2009 at 01:15 AM.