View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Contributor

So I have been consumed with my day job. That fact likely won't change until the second half of the year. But, I wasn't joking about the cam profiler. Setup reads both intake and exhaust simultaneously. Rotation angle accuracy to .15 degrees. Lift accuracy to around .01mm. I planned to profile every cam I could get my hands on and post up all the raw data for rotation angle and lift. I'm a little discouraged no one volunteered to contribute to the project by sending unwanted/unused cams so I'm considering holding the data hostage. If you guys want the graphs with rotation angle and lift (as well as the raw data) someone has got to contribute by sending me more cams for profiling. Keep in mind I offered to pay postage in an effort to contribute to the cause.

That is the first attempt at gathering useful data. Next time I'll have the lift probe tolerance tighter (there are minor fluctuations due to the plunger riding on the cam having lateral play) and I'll turn the cam slower so I'll get more data points. I can supposedly increase the data rate on the lift probe which would be really useful. I'll post pictures of my over-complicated cam profiler at some point.