View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Contributor

OK so I got some replies -

AllStar -
Thank you for your email inquiry. While we do not have much experience in the go-kart segment our Moly rod ends are typically the best and most popular to use on a suspension application, used on almost exclusively on dirt modified and late models. Our part numbers are ALL58058 and ALL58059.
Jeg's -
These guys here are one of the best rod ends we carry here 122-XMR8, there are some stronger one but I do not think you will bend or break these guys.
FK -
I originally sent ckau's picture for the application since mine is still assembled incorrectly. I mentioned I had a failure on the QSC economy rod end and wanted to upgrade. He noticed that ckau has chromoly ends and not economy and was confused at first. After I sent him pictures of the failure I got this -
OK, that helps a lot! The rod ends in the first picture appeared to be the higher strength chromoly units. The broken one you just sent me pictures of are indeed their economy low carbon steel units.
I think you simply had lower strength units. “Might” have been OK under normal use, but the crash might have been too much for it. Not sure how bad the accident was, so it’s hard to say. It’s possible they were too light for normal use too. Definitely was a sheer force, which could have been from normal use or from the accident. I’d say you’re going to want to go with a high quality 3-piece style in chromoly like what is shown on the first picture you sent to me.
I’d say check out the JMX8T for the RH thread and JMXL8T for left hand then. You can find them on our website at: http://fkrodends.com/JMXJMXL15.html. These would be quite a bit stronger than what you had originally.
We offer basically the same economy version as well for lighter applications. Our economy version in ½” is rated at 8,386 lbs. and the JMX8T is rated at 16,242 lbs., so it’s a pretty substantial difference.
Also, the JMX8T features a self-lubricating PTFE liner, so you won’t have to keep greasing them. It also helps keep dirt out of the space between the ball and the race. I’m willing to bet the ones you had on there were just metal to metal.
Still haven't heard anything from QSC. I also messaged summit since why not..