View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Pripyat moves quickly.
Sorry - when time and circumstances allow I try to get as much done as possible. I value your opinion and feedback - PM me your cell number and I'll text you when I post about suspension related issues.

I spent the weekend at Disney. Would have rather been home piddling. Not sure what that means.

There are two reasons I want to lower the buggy - lower COG, and the fact that I've already heavily altered the angle the engine sits. Filling the engine with oil takes forever unless I raise the back end first.

I did some pondering about the shock mounts. My understanding is that if I want to change the mechanical advantage of the shock I would have to move the mount on the swingarm. To have the shock seem softer I would have to move it closer to the swingarm pivot. Which would mean that the mount on the frame would have to move up.. a lot.

Once I figure out the compressed length of the blaster shocks I'll revisit and determine what makes the most sense.

[edit] Those tires look like a lot of fun. If I keep the buggy long-term I can see myself having two sets of wheels - One set for keeping up with the ATVs (22" knobbys for obstacles and mud, slicker 20s for fun). I already have some concerns about all the damage I'm going to do to the fields I ride in trying to slide with those huge knobbys I have on there now. I don't see an option in the tire you referenced for a stock 8" rim, though. I really need to work on sourcing my aluminum rear wheels so I can get new hubs and have more tire options..

Last edited by Pripyat; 03-05-2018 at 07:54 AM.