View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Contributor

This has come up already but I'm ready to start sourcing the parts for the axle/hub upgrade. I know my rear hubs are about to start spinning on the nearly non-existent splines. I've been searching desperately for any aluminum quad wheels but may end up getting them from ebay. I found a local guy with an entire set with new holeshots from a LTR but he wants 300 for the set. Unfortunately I would be paying for tires I don't want - Fronts are 20x6x10 with 4/144, Rears are 18x10x8 with 4/110. I need 18 or 19 fronts, 20 rears. Sigh.

I still plan on lowering the buggy suspension at least an inch at both the front and rear. I like what ckau did with his front shock mounts. I expect I will just move the upper mount up and out around an inch, giving a wider stance on the front and slightly lower COG.

What is the cheapest option for the axle upgrade? I haven't done much research yet but the kits look expensive and I'd rather throw something together from parts than buying something already pieced together.

[edit] I almost forgot - I think I broke a tooth in the steering rack when I crashed. I was moving the buggy yesterday and noticed that there was a "clunk" in the rack/steering any time I was turning the wheel under load. It only clunked one time per full steering travel. It's hard to believe one of those hardened teeth broke. I'll have some time to investigate maybe this weekend.

Last edited by Pripyat; 03-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.