View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 AM
Contributor

I'm finally getting a little confidence in my welding and am beginning to go rogue to some extent with my modifications. To bulk up the engine mount tab I went across with some angle. I considered using tube but due to the triangle braces at each end the tube would have been much more difficult to cut-to-fit. Or it would have had to have been closer towards the front of the buggy which I didn't want.

Doesn't look bad painted up.

I despised how the blaster shocks on the rear had the engine tilted at such an extreme angle. Last time I changed the oil I put the rear wheels on drive-on ramps and still had a hard time due to the oil pooling at the fill tube. I'm not sure how much this changed things but I'm already happier with the lowered stance.

Cut the upper rear shock mounts off and moved them up.

Here I had just welded and was looking to see what impact the change made.

As far as the jacked up spindle I beat out the minor bends and welded up a plate to replace the torn upper piece pictured earlier in the thread.

As far as the front I got really bothered looking at how the control arms were at such an extreme angle due to the longer shocks. I'm interested to get feedback since I did this on a whim..

Popped new holes.

Cut a hole for clearance.

Cleaned it up.

I got to looking and really didn't feel comfortable with how much material I had removed so I beefed them up.

Welded 1/8" plate on either side.

While I was at it I welded little gussets in at the bulkhead mount tab. Between these and all the other weld I added I think it will be fine.

Also added nuts to the control arms for zerk fittings. I had drilled/tapped before but I wasn't comfortable with such little thread engagement.

And lastly.. the new stance.