View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with Olderthan- ADJUST the valves,that small amount of effort makes ALL the difference on how easy it starts without having to pump the gas.
I've bought plenty from both vendors- Both sell quality product and quickly. I would suggest buying some 2nd or 3rd generation spindles or do the repair Rarerat did.(look-up his spindle repair) Drivers side spindle would need ALOT of work to get it back to it's original shape, the passenger side isn't that bad. Tank/fuel line looks like it did from the factory.You'll figure out that the factory tank is a very poor design as when the tank is full you'll spill gas and it doesn't hold very much, just about any other gas tank is an improvement! It appears the brake switch has been disabled. The black hose from the carb if from the bowl of the carb is normal overflow but usually drops out the other side of the motor- not over the exhaust. Where is the clear hose coming from that's capped off? The handfull of wires may have went to the lights- The original lights were mounted up front just in front of the steering wheel. Just a note: before you do your heim set-up, if you want to raise the front-end get the shocks you'll be using and check the travel for binding.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 08-25-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: grammar