View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Custom Build *37hp Kohler* off road Kart

first... i am not new to karts or custom fab work. i build pro monster trucks so fab work is nothing new to me. i am 6'1" and 280lbs so typical karts are useless and boring to me because of my size and weight. i over weigh the clutch systems usually and over weigh the power. i am used to honda odyssey fl350's but like to custom build things so here we go. i purchased the 1.5" 120 wall pipe for the frame. i have a new kohler 37hp horizontal shaft motor that is water cooled and fuel injected. i have a comet 108c driver and 100d driven units. uses a 1.5" wide belt. and will run a 50 series chain to axle. 1.25" thick rear axle 40" long with disc brakes and 4 carrier bearings. building a open housing around rear axle so i can 4 link it like in my monster truck. the front suspension will be dual a arms on each side with heim joints and custom spindles. i have new billet aluminum 10x5 front rims with new kenda bear claw 23x8x10 front tires, and new billet 10x8 rear rims with new kenda bear claw 25x12x10 rear tires. i have 4 new king billet adjustable piggy back coil over nitrogen shocks for all 4 corners. so far i just have the parts together... have to finish my wifes kenbar sc7b before i start frame work on this one.