View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Heavy Contributor

the sprocket is 16T, it takes the #530 or #50 industrial I would think (It would be best to check with the seller to be sure) but most of these reverse gearboxes for the gy6 150's use the 530/#50 chains.

I was wondering the same thing about the price points, I guess it just comes down to the seller and how many they import... If you have seen one of these things in person you will know what i'm talking about, they are very simple. There are just a few components on the insides, the gearbox is not held together by itself, you can pull it apart to lube it up if you want. The only thing that holds the gearbox together is the bolt on the shaft. If you look at one of the pics in the link with just the gearbox, you can see it sitting there and it looks like its split,
second pic down in this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/GY6-150cc-Re...ht_4246wt_1163
you can also see the zip-tie holding it together.

people who try to charge 250+ dollars for this are just getting over on the consumer, you can call it supply and demand, I call it not doing your research.

the buggy depot kit is back-ordered, and they don't show pics of it so you don't know what you are getting, even the instructions don't show the reverse box. I'd at lest like to see what I'm getting.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.

Last edited by T3beatz; 02-22-2012 at 12:28 PM.