View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:45 PM
Contributor

Tom, the funny part is that I have my friend's son begging his dad to find a Joyner (they're scarce out here), and having me set it up for them. The 40 mile trip was from our camp in Dove Springs, to Bickle Camp. Bickle Camp is a semi restored mining claim of a hermit, that is located in the Red Rock Canyon region of the Mojave desert. Since it was a new riding area for us, there were actually two parts to our group. One route is passable by car, if it has high clearance. So my friend drove his truck, with my wife and his and mine daughters.

The other group was led by me in the Joyner, a topical graphical map and dual GPSs. So obviously, we took a different route. Once we hit Bickle's Camp, my friend's son (who has a tricked out Kawi, 250F) said that he wanted to ride back in the Joyner. We threw his bike in his dad's truck, and on the way back I started teaching him the fine art of steering with the throttle in a sand wash (I had to yell of course). I did not hold anything back, the throttle was buried for most of the time (except for steering purposes), and to be honest, I was pretty amazed at what the little 250 engine was capable of. Everyone seems to dump a Polaris engine in these buggies, and I was thinking I would go this route, but after this trip, I'm going to leave just the way it is.

So for anyone that is thinking of hopping up their 250 engines, I HIGHLY recommend Tom's cam. Just as a side note, I am not paid by him, in fact I have never met him, but he has a wealth of knowledge, and has developed a extremely good product.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.