View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Supporting Vendor

The gap should be .026-.028. You are going to have to drive on the plug more to color so that it can be read. Did they match the new plug with the old by crossing the numbers or just by looks? From what you described earlier, in that it runs fine the first 10 minuted than starts to miss leads me to believe it is a lean mixture problem related to a vacume leak.The reason is that when you first start it you have a very rich mixture due to the ruel enrichment valve alowing plenty of fuel to burn, once the valve closes off the enrichment valve the engine goes lean. Three things come to mind.1) your valves are out of adjustment and too tight keeping intake and exhaust valves slightly open to where engine vacume never reaches operating vacume, check valve adjustmenr of .003 on intake and .005 on exhaust. This must be done cold.2) Intake manifold, isolator under intake, or the o-rings used to seal the surface of intake and isolator are sucking air causing vacume leak. This can be checked by spraying carb cleanner on intake while running looking for change in idle.3) some buggies use the vacume fuel pump which is screwed into the fuel tank. It will have 2 hoses comming from it, one goes to the carb fuel supply nipple, the other to vacume which will go to a T fitting with one line going to the air bleed valve on right side of carb and the other going to the intake vacume nipple. You want to check these lines for cracks. I you just have the gravity feed setup and not the vacume fuel pump your vacume hose will not have the T fitting only one line from the air bleed to intake. Also I see no reference as to what make buggy or year. Supplying this info can also be helpful in determining wheather you have any egr valves or other pollution devices.
Tom