View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook1 View Post
I don't know if you found this already or not, but this is a breakdown of all the parts on the Carter SPX 2936.

http://kartingdistributors.com/pdfs/.../2936-4015.pdf

Your new belt looks correct to me in the pictures. Make sure you have the belt installed in the correct direction. I'm pretty sure you know this, but the TC 30 belt is angled on one side, and should not be put on backwards.

We own a few Carter SPX karts. We didn't run them this year, but I can look at our karts this weekend for a comparison to your pictures if you'd like.

If it is too frustrating to figure out your problem, you could have a bad or worn torque converter set up. Perhaps a previous owner messed with the springs. New, complete TAV 30 / TC30 units run about $100 on ePay. Your chain should be #40. They're not Comet units, but they should be just fine. I'm not sure if Comet is still around.

Luke
Luke, thanks for your feedback. Please check out your carts this weekend and let me know. Any chance an over tight chain could be the problem? I've got a feeling it's a bad tc as well, but I'm hoping to avoid spending the $$. It runs great except for this problem.