View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Lurker

Default Yerf 3203 vs Manco XTK 706b-2

So here is my dilema. I am picking up a busted Yerf 3203 and a fully functional Manco XTK 706b-2. The Yerf Im getting for $250. it sat with fuel in it for 2 years. fuel is leaking out of the carb (needle and seat or float more than likely) and the entire jackshaft and its bearings are toast (driven side bearing is comepletly gone). Needs a chain. Nothing I cant fix myself. The thought was I could fix it and sell it for a profit. The Manco is $500 and perfect mechanically. Both karts have great stock tread and the paint is amazing on both.

My first thought was fix the yerf and sell it. I see a lot of info on the 3203 and not much on the 706. Im starting to think I should keep the yerf. I need some input.

I will keep one and sell the other. Which would be a better one to keep? I am going to use it to teach my 5 year old how to handle a bit more than a power wheels and play around with. I want it so we can enjoy it together. It will not see hardcore off road use, but it will see spirited driving all in the dirt and in the hay field. Which would you choose? I also plan to gear it down. I dont want or need much speed at this point. I would rather have as much low end as possible.

Chris