View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 02:52 AM
Contributor

I think whether a intake extension will help you will probably depend a lot on what type of driving you are doing. Adding a hose to the intake will actually restrict the flow. However, if you tend to drive at a fairly fast speed and add a scoop, you will force more air into the CVT.

Consequently, if you tend to putt around a lot, the extension hose may actually cause the CVT to run hotter. For slow speed driving, the most cooling is going to be generated by the fan effect generated by the variator.

So, you may want to see what kind of air passage is being generated by your system. If you can find the exhaust port, see if you can feel how much air is moving through the system to help you guide your decision. Of course, if you have to deal with water keeping the CVT sealed is a number one priority. From the research I have done on CVTs, water is a far worse enemy then dirt or even a "little" excess heat.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.