View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker

If you have a buggy like mine the pedals should be very similar, the break pedal has a extra long axle tube which needs to be cut down to about the same size as the gas pedal, the gas pedal is perfect where it is but still has to be taken out to be modified. I found a extra gas pedal at Karts R Us in Niles Michigan. I cut off the cable hook of the new gas pedal which is now going to be the new clutch, next I opened up the plastic bushing inside each pedal untill a 1/2inch galvanized rod sliped through all the pedals, you will have to take the plastic bushing out of the cut end of the break pedal and reinsert it into the shortened break pedal axle tube, the break linkage that pushes on the master cylinder needs to be welded in place in the middle of the break pedal as shown in the photo album. next the bolt support braket for the break pedal that is closest to the center needs to be cut off, and all the bolt holes in the remaining support brakets needs to be opened up to 1/2inch, Oh yea the return springs that were in the pedal do not go back in as there is no longer any room in the axle tube for them, I used springs that i got from Lowes and put them under the stop braket which works very well, the break pedal, i just used a long spring wraped it around the master cylinder resivior and hooked it on the back side of the break pedal. im sure someone can come up with some thing better for that. Next lightly sand off any imperfections on the 1/2 inch galvanized rod and spray with WD-40, now push the rod thruogh the first support braket and slide the clutch and the break pedals on, I used 1/2inch fender washers for between the pedals, line up the gas pedal and push the rod on through, cut off the rod so theres 3/8inch sticking out each end, stick a fender washer on the stub ends and drill for 1/16 cotter pin. the linkage on the clutch is a temporay set up I just need to get a longer clutch cable and i will be able to bring the cable right up to the pedal and do away with the flat stock linkage. I think i covered it all. I hope this helps out in the next creation of the frankenbuggy.