View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Lite Contributor

Default 200sx

I have been thinking about modifing my Crossfire 150 for a while now , a year or soo back Metalstudguy gave some really good pointers for me , I kept looking for the right motor when a 1986 Honda TRX200sx found me , right after that another one found me , I have been riding that bike and it is an awesome motor /transmission set , 5 speed automatic and geared to be fast and responsive , it's chain drive but the wrong side , that really isn't that bad a problem , I could make a collar/hub and weld it to the axle on the left , or make a jackshaft and all would be well except for thought into the chain adjuster , but , I am thinking of going a totally different approach by cutting the bike frame with the motor and rear end as one piece and weld it to the motor frame of the cart , since I have another rear motor carrier if I mess up the first attempt I can try again , as far as the axle being narrow I have some very deep dish rims that push the tires out about 6 inches and 2 inch wheel spacers will get it 16 inches wider than the 200 stock