View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Power User

Well, it took about 8 hours of actual welding time, but I got the frame finished. I'm calling the front end the torture chamber, banged my head in there a bunch of times. Another 3-4 hours I spent figuring out where all the fun little tabs and brackets need to be and making and installing them. Glad to see both the gas and brake rod and cables from the 03 will work for this setup.

I had planned on keeping the bench seat mounts so I could swap it to a two seater if I wanted to. It would've been a little crunched with the wheel and pedals centered, but the reverse lever and battery ended up in the way, so now I have more tubing for a couple minor items and four more tabs to chop off.

Wish i figured that out last night, I spent about 3 hours saving the bent sliders that the rollers kept falling out of that were on the sunl's seat.

I save just about every little bit of metal, trimmings, it comes in handy as you can see. closed up all of the frame bolt holes and open ended tubes--notcher droppings ))) and leveled the angle iron my rear shocks mount into. I had tacked them in up against the triangular underside gussets, both of which were crooked. verified them with the square and straight edge and welded them for good.

to the right of my "small gusset" collection are the parts that i'm trying to turn into a parking brake. (more Scag mower parts.)

"Top" view makes me think that I had star wars imperial battle cruisers or stinkbugs on the brain when i started tubing this thing up.

just front a-arms and steering to go ... hmmm, isn't that where i was back in october ????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sarm133.jpg (86.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg sarm134.jpg (88.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg sarm135.jpg (91.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg sarm136.jpg (66.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg sarm138.jpg (38.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg sarm139.jpg (91.1 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 03-08-2012 at 01:38 AM.