View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Power User

After a lot of messing around and trying different software, i 've found an OK method for getting my vids up. quality suffered a little, but it was shot on the gopro's default setting. Use the small screen view-- it puts all of the front end into the frame.

Two clips merged, first one you can hear the chain tensioner/chain come loose after my little donut and the tensioner starts to slap the frame, other lighter clapping sound is my helmet's visor (duct taped that for the second clip) first hit is what really killed the ball joint. one little blip of gas too much. Going to try and mount one of the maxxis to see if they'll clear.

http://youtu.be/IQ5OE6h6aW0

Have yet to get this thing up to full speed, probably about 80-90 percent at 39.5 mph
Throttle cable is too short and it's not releasing back to idle. Tried reverse once, it never engaged and really slammed going back into forward. Will cut and move the original gas rod tab on the frame back a little bit to fix the issue.

other work to be done includes:
rod ends (ordered) for the tie rods
chain tensioner improvement
mount rear tires (hopefully)
Lighting and horn. (just need to bolt in and wire up)
instrument panel corner trimming
finish body cladding (a "whenever" thing this summer)

I can absolutely see Ckau's point on these 150s in tight woods trails --can't move much else of anything larger through them any quicker. The 250 i have sitting on the quad is only appealing to me now if i decide to do an IRS--which this really could use. Setting up a rigid engine platform with the existing quad frame would be pretty easy. add in a suspension like a Jag rear end and it's not too hard of a deal. Otherwise, i have no room for any more top end. barely have room for this as it is.