Thread: My new Ride
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks guys. I picked this up for 2000, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal on it. It's compleatly stock. I took it out for a spin when I got it home. It did ok in the snow and slop but the tires really aren't helping it out in the traction bepartment. Granted the conditions were really bad.
She's HEAVY compared to 4 wheelers, but I like that. It feels like a really solid trail runner. I crawled over a big tree that fell over the trail and it walked right over it, I was impressed it didn't even bottom out. The suspension was very nice. The front shocks are way to stiff in my poinion. Does anyone know if you can soften them up if you let some of the air out of the front shocks?
The transmission seams hard to get into gear, I'm going to pop the case tonight and see if I can dial in the linkage a little better.
Soooo. I think I need the uni intake and a re-jet of the carb for sure. From the sound of the pipe I think the stock setup will be fine as far as the exahaust goes.

Any suggestions on tires? Going to need a new set all the way around. I was thinkins something like holeshots on the back?