View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Power User

I think i have an old cable floating around that's the same--inner cable is too crusty to use. If you still have yours, cut the inner cable, keep it and take it all to a bike shop. the outer housing can be pulled out of the threaded adjustable end, i think the same for the pipe. They should be able to make one for you using those parts. If you don't have the parts, i can strip the one i have and send it to you. I used one threaded end with my yerf throttle cable on my daughter's cart (just had to bore it oversize a hair) along with a set-screw tapped, ready-to-use barrel end that just happened to be laying on the bench for the past couple years. no idea where that little puppy came from, (maybe my speedo cable kit from Lokar) but it found its place.

Ouch! I considered relocating the rack to center, but the position of the gear cutout sort of nixed the thought. Plus my daughter has a friend that i think will be riding with her this summer. next year, maybe it'll become a 1 seater. When i looked at it, i felt that i could duplicate the cutout in the tube and move the gear to center. I'm pretty sure it will also require cutting a couple extra teeth into the rack. I think its feasible, I just held off to keep the passenger space open.

if you dig back into page 1 or 2 of my yerf upgrade thread, there are some pics of a removable pedal set i made for my daughter. if you go center seat, i'd stick two pipes on the floor lengthwise and install pedals the way the yerfs and others have them. The center pipe in the kart really does nothing structurally. it's just there to create a foot brace for the passenger.

I hope that's high heat paint ) ...

Last edited by x-bird; 02-14-2012 at 07:51 PM.