View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:10 AM
Supporting Vendor

Glad to hear you like the cam. I put one in my Joyner and cannot believe the difference as compared to the performance cam it replaced. Sorry it took so long. I tried to use the local cam shop but the stood me up after about 6 months so I had to use another shop. Just coming up with a new cam design takes time since nobody knows the limits as to how much of a grind you can get away with. You have to make all the measurements as to all the clearances mainly for the lift and overlap. The lift is the easy one but the overlap is tricky so they do a grind then send it back to you and you have to degree the cam in the engine while checking to make sure when the valves pass each other you have enough clearance between the valves as they pass each other. I have a short hill next to my shop only 20' long but about a 60 degree grade. With the old performance cam to make that hill in high gear I would have to get a running start of about 50' and would barely make the hill and the clutch would be smoking hot. In low it climbed it no problem. The new cam I can get right up to the start of the hill and it climbs it without going over 1/2 throttle. My Joyner is an 06 model and is different from the later 07 and up models for my rear axles have a greater pitch to then as compared to the new models which takes 50% more throttle to get the buggy rolling from a dead stop. This new grind solves that problem. 05 and 06 had this design flaw which was corrected in 07. Again I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the cam, and thank you for sharing the results.