View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Power User

particular carb is an oem suzuki mikuni. they set it up as a 3 circuit carb with idle, low throttle then main (1/4 throttle-up). Most of the parts are no longer available--including bowl gasket!

didn't get a chance at it yesterday, but yes the float is off.

Needle is at factory position on the last run.

the air and pilot adjustment screws aren't giving me the idle rev increase they should, so i know the pilot's off for the setup. between the float needle and seat, more jets and a couple of pilot jets, i'm going to be into it for 1/2 the cost of a new flat slide carb that has all the parts available.

right now, i'm just trying to get the float and the main dialed in and wondering what everyone thinks about the color and pattern in the last two pics.

Flat slide is in the works as a "christmas present"

If i'm correct in my thinking, truly correct WOT tests are just about impossible with this. when i kill it at WOT, the engine continues to dead cycle through engine braking, pulling idle level fuel in as i come to a stop. if i downshift with it shut off, there is no neutral without running down through the gears to the neutral position and it's pretty rough on the trans and the rears lock up. I just run the snot out of it in 3rd (highest gear i can max the revs out going around my house) and drive it into the garage.