View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

The slide carbs are much tougher to dial in as compared to the CV carb. With the CV carb all your going to change are the jets. On the slide carb not only the jets but the needle, needle orifice, and slide have to be in sink. If your using the carb that come with the engine then it should be within specs but if not you can be looking at any one of the combinations. I have been messing with CV carbs and on occasion the slide carbs that come on the 110cc and below.( nothing like the Mikuni) When I decided to go with a Mikuni on the 150cc I entered into a whole new world. I had to consult with the guy's at Carb Parts Warehouse who are the distributors in the US for Mikuni. Once I was put on track all I had to do was tweek it. Now once I got the carb dialed in OMG what a difference from the CV carb. From a dead stop without foot on brake, when I nail the throttle I no longer have the slight hesitation and will leave 2 40' black marks in the grass. Several had told me for a few years to go with the Mikuni but I was hard headed and decided I would prove to them I could run the CV carb successfully. It run great with the CV carb but little did I know how much more performance I would get with the slide carb.