View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Power User

of course i can't leave it be.

day off today, so i did my scrapyard run, scored another $40 on a scratcher and dumped exactly enough for the carb into the bank ... will it be there when i pull the trigger????? LOL ....

Threw a 130 main in it, factory float height ... couldn't get out of it's own way ....

got to staring at my plug collection and noticed the base shows rich on the 125 and 130 even though the porcelein shows decent.

so i jetted smaller (120) and it was an improvement but still some erratic running, sometimes it'd be fine and other times it'd just not be firing off right.... Then i notice what looks like a crack around the intake flange where the machine screw is. RTV'd it. no real change .... check my pos. terminal wire on the coil and realize that the TT tach wire stuffed up in there is pushing/lifting one side of the female plug off of the spade. moved the TT wire back to the plug lead, squeezed the connector shut and things got much better. Plug is pretty much clean again, no soot on the base. i think I need stock heat range plugs .... (it had a 1-up in it and that's all the parts store had in stock)

also ran into the idle just running up out of nowhere and holding steady at 2500 rpm, which isn't good to dump the clutch into. wouldn't come back down.

Murphy has taken up residence in this carb i think, time to bring in the new one ... and see if i can find a new intake ... screws on the old one are buggered--i've never gotten it off. going to have to take the Impact driver to it. (KD handheld hammer type)