View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Power User

you're right about the orange and green wires, they go into the case along with the neutral safety wire and i made a wrong assumption as to where they went. now i remember having this thing opened up and checking the stator coils when i was first trying to get it to fire last year. the orange and green do go to the "pickup" as i always call them LOL ... one definitely grounds from what i remember when checking it, pretty sure it's the green. Hooking green to ground doesn't bother me, it's where to put the orange that's the kicker. if i fry the pickup, it's just about game over for the engine. It should be sending out the spark signal to the cdi. other question then becomes which cdi do i pull from my pile?

Picture one shows the CDI pinout i've been working from/matching.
I'm thinking this is DC. This works, was the setup when i ran the 150 and is now the "test stand" setup. Harness and components came from the '07 Carter. This blew a cdi just about instantly this morning. I have another identical cdi to the one that blew (manufacturer and #s on it).

Picture two is the pinout on the baja. Note that both pins are used on the two wire plug and there's only one ground out.
Thinking this is AC. Haven't traced it all out yet nor tried replicating this on the 250, but it's the cdi i want to use. hate to cook it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 005.jpg (79.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 007.jpg (74.5 KB, 4 views)