View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
Hooking green to ground doesn't bother me, it's where to put the orange that's the kicker. if i fry the pickup, it's just about game over for the engine. It should be sending out the spark signal to the cdi. other question then becomes which cdi do i pull from my pile?

Picture two is the pinout on the baja. Note that both pins are used on the two wire plug and there's only one ground out.
Thinking this is AC. Haven't traced it all out yet nor tried replicating this on the 250, but it's the cdi i want to use. hate to cook it.
I would advise against using a 'performance' CDI, due to the integrated ignition advance. The orange wire from the pickup goes to the trigger pin, and yes, it tells the CDI when to fire the coil. I am curious though, about the pickup coil, and if it advances the spark timing at all.

As far as which CDI, try the basic ones first, at least you can replace them cheaper than the better or DC units. Since you have bypassed the reverse engine stop switch, the second ground wire for the AC unit probably isn't needed.

Mine runs with just one ground wire attached, but that ground wire goes into the harness and is bolted to the head. I will add the other ground wire once I finalize the harness construction, cause I'm kinda anal about stuff like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CDI_Pinout.jpg (26.7 KB, 3 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'