View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Power User

since were on the CDI subject, just came across the best manual that i've yet seen in terms of pdf reproduction clarity showing a wiring harness and the guts of a cdi - for a crossfire 150. also the same wiring as the reaction and definitely much different from the carter harness/cdi wiring .... I think i'm going to take the cdi that's a match to the one that blew on the carter harness and match it to the baja config and give that a try on the 250.

master, the pinout you have in the thumbnail only differs from what i've done where the 2-pin plug is concerned. where your pic shows the ac power, that's where the lead to the ignition kill switch is on my setup, with nothing attached to the other.

http://buggynews.com/resources/file/12081

as far as advancing timing with the trigger, it could only be done with an offset flywheel key or by physically moving the coil. But the way it's mounted in the 250 leaves no room to move it and not enough "meat" on the mount tabs to elongate the holes to move it a degree or two.

and thanks for the reminder about the built in advance on that cdi, forgot about that!

Last edited by x-bird; 11-21-2013 at 10:54 PM.