View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Power User

Ditto the above ....

Anyway, bit the bullet and went for a new carb. Just too many concerns as to whether the slide is too worn, dialing correct setup of all parts without a good performing baseline to match off of and lack of "stock" size parts to work with etc. ...

To add the final insult to injury --all in 1 shot) I decided to tweak the pilot a little larger, as it was definitely too small. did that, rejetted to a 120, dropped the needle to full lean. Fired right up idled ok, shut it off to check something, then wouldn't refire unless at WOT ... running real rich (i figured it would) walked away from it for a few hours, came back to a flooded carb and air filter, leaking all over. (i think at full lean the jet needle may hit the float needle.) Kill the fuel, clean up the mess. yank that sorry old carb off.

this am, pull the wet plug, put a rag over the hole and go to blow it out ... hit the button, look back and it blows the rag off and gets me right in the face. Don't think i have leakdown issue LOL ..... Good riddance! ouch! Just glad i completely removed the plug.