View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Power User

finally cooking with gas ....

Overlooked the obvious, the mikuni vacuum pump (smallest) is too strong for the float needle, which is also the smallest size, so no change can be made to fix it in regards to needle and seat. time for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. way past time actually. Weird that it didn't flood out as bad as it has lately when i first put it in the system.

santa came early, 24mm TM flatslide is installed after having to fab up a redneck style adapter between the intake and carb spigot. (about 2 inches narrow style hard plastic vacuum cleaner pipe did the trick) the extra length should help enhance the bottom end, but i will hav eto make a support for the air filter end of the carb. the tm28 carb was a match dimensionally to the old VM, but would have been worse on the bottom end than the old VM was.

Took it out in the snow today (after flooding the heck out of it with the pump i went back to gravity fed for the time being). out of the box it came 115 pilot and 130 main.. Jumped right up to a 120 pilot and it still wants more--still don't have the correct adjustment levels at the air and idle screws. Main i left be, have some larger ones coming. Feels good enough down low to be thinking about doing a final gear ratio change to get some top speed back.

Ran pretty decently but i can tell its still lean across the board.

shot some vid, but both my computers had major malfunctions this past week, so i cobbled two into one and the resulting frankenrig is not happy messing with hd video. LOL

Last edited by x-bird; 12-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.