View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Power User

I chose not to pay the extra for a "tuned" version and picked up the lowest priced box stock one off e-bay. That's one reason i haven't bothered sudco or carb warehouse's techs much on this other than some initial input. T

These particular 250s were never supported, modded or raced, so i didn't trust that a "250" tune based on experience with another 250 engine would plug-n-play.

It is undersized for the application in some ways, but it is doing exactly what i want it to do, which is enhance the powerband at the bottom end. Chad at sudco indicated that the next size up in the flat slide series, a TM28, would be worse on the bottom end than the stock round slide, and i think he was correct in that assessment.

Seat of the pants run today says i can definite re-gear by .3 to .5 on the final ratio for more top end. While it's not spinning the tires, it definitely has a lot more power down low and throughout than before. Latest plug read (since my last post) says a little more main jet and maybe 1 more pilot size down. soot is lighter, ceramic has a nice light tan just starting to show. electrode is fine as are the ignition timing marks on the strap.

I've only been into this carb about 40 (no joke) times since i got it. Working up a vid of today's final session.