View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 5 View Post
Good job, I noticed a big performance gain at take off and mid range acceleration. I also have a mini tach/ hour meter that my wife got for 30 bucks it is a TTO brand. I found the 183 stroker motor would run best below 7200 rpms. This trip we will find out how the A12 cams work in both buggys, we will keep the rpms below 7500 if possible.

The first thing we noticed when we started the buggy was the chop sound and valve noise. The chop sound is from the exhaust and the valve noise is the steeper cam angle I think.

If you dont rev your motor to the moon the springs will work, for me its hard when your hauling and dont want to get out throttle thats why we got the ncy springs.

You could get titanium retainers to lighten up the valve assembly.They are about 45 bucks and I was going to get them but got 2 sets of springs for 36 bucks instead.With two buggys to feed it made more dollar sense to get springs. Work is a little slow so got to watch the cash flow.

I am not sure if your valve retainers are the same as (157qmj) but this might be a good for your situation. The lighter retainers will make up for the stock spring a bit.

Have fun.

So I see from the album you are back from the desert. How did the a12 cams work for you? Ive not gotten to do much with mine. Rain and even snow here for better than a week now.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.