Thread: Dazon 150cc
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Depending on which gear box you get there are 3 different long shafts that are known of. Two are common ones used in many of the buggies, but one is an odball which was found on cheaper buggies. Of the 2 common shafts one is getting harder to come by which was used by Carter. The other shaft was used by HammerHead and Kinroad and other better brands. You need to make sure the shaft is the correct one for the rev box. I worked with a customer not too long ago and neither of the shafts I had access to would work. Finally he set his mind on one of the 2 I had and tried to make it work which he did but constantly had problems with chain and finally the box went bad. This was due to it not linning up properly. The problem today is nobody uses the external rev. box for they have all gone to the internal rev. If you get a kit make sure that either you get a kit with the proper shaft or know before you purchase the rev box if the shaft you will be getting will fit the gearbox correctly. There was a place who used to sell the complete kit with shifter handle assy, cable and the proper shaft for which I had mentioned before but I guess admin edited it cause the next time I looked at the post the name was edited out. I guess that is a no no. If you PM me I'll let you know who it is but I'm not sure if he has them anymore.If not he may be able to steer you in the right direction.