View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Power User

i hate it when my brain starts kicking into overdrive ... got to wondering last night after "fixing" the coil terminal if I also don't have an ignition issue added into the mix. I'm using a an ooollllldddd used LT250 coil/plug wire and the original CDI.

when i first started reviving the engine, I was using the original CDI and a gy6 coil/plug wire. Can't remember when i swapped coils. What's getting to me is that even without the fuel pump I wasn't having quite as many "erratic" problems back when i first got this going.

So now that's got me trying to figure out how to wire a gy6 cdi in. original 250 cdi has an orange wire and a green wire that loop to each other through what looks sort of like a light bulb filament image on the schematic. I'm thinking that's the reverse or neutral safety kill loop. Otherwise the 250's cdi seems pretty basic, black to +coil, black/yellow to kill side of ignition switch, black/red to the magneto and black/white to ground.

to match the GY6 cdi, --with suzuki wires in parentheses, i'm thinking green to ground (b/w), green to - coil (ground lug), b/w to + coil (B), blue/white to magneto (B/R), black to ignition (B/Y) and first leaving the orange green open, if no fire, then connecting them . i have about 4 spare gy6 cdis, so if i cook a couple, no big deal LOL ...