View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Heavy Contributor

your dog in better shape then mine was in, when got mine. But not saying much.
That was my big thing when I was working on the dog. Saftey for kids. So this your first buggy? I've got about everything safety wise I wanted done to mine, for the kids. Now I just want more power.!!!
Most my stuff I've posted on My thread. TK's kids Yerfdog updates.
5 points are a nice safety item to have, and gives you good peace of mind. However, they are a pain in the ass!!!! I've got 2 kids. And my wife and I both ride it. Add a few friends of the kids, and some other adults, getting in and out of the 5 points get to be a pain. I got a set of quick release one off Amazon. They are not made for drag racing, or anything like that. But since top speed in Dog is only a little over 30mph, I think they do the job. However, the buggy is shedded 95% of the time. the seat belts got get the elements like they could. Saying this, because not sure how long they would last if they was in the elements 24/7. They serve their purpose. Been rolled 2 times since put them in, and no injuries. The quick release is very nice to have. And they adjust quickly when different ppl are getting in and out. Still takes time. Thing is with the 5 points, if you still have the stock seats, then the top 2 straps, and pinch your neck. And if a littler person is sitting in it, well, might look at some padding, or booster seat for them, so the 2 straps not pinched on the neck.
Dogs vibrate a lot. Be sure you always have some open end wrenchs, or a adjustable one. Check your nuts and bolts, and frame and every where you can see. They will come lose. So keep eye out for that. And if replacing, or you might check, but all nuts will need to be nylon, or at least a lock washer backing them up. Or wont take long for them to be missing.
Some good shocks will help to lower the chance of role over. They are Yerfdogs, so expect it to happen at some point. BD ball joints.
Check your brakes. For some reason, they did work this weekend. Think got air in line. But not sure how. Sure there more, but little at a time.
Oh ya, gas tank. might be good idea to replace the stock plastic one, with something better, and a gas shut off valve. That is a must, if don't have a shut off.