View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Heavy Contributor

I actually tried every way possible to figure out a good way to mount the front the frame. But fenders are not wide enough to cover the turn radius. I hated the idea mounting to spindle. Just in case a spindle broke or bend. (which has happened). I would half to start all over again. It was a lot of work getting every thing matching and looking even on both sides. So major con.
However a big pro. The fenders turn with the tire. So no matter what direction you turn, it's got it covered. dirt or mud wont even hit the backend where it's the widest.
Or hit the other person on opposite side on the inside turn. But guess another con. Is limited turn radius. Had to add inch spacer between the spindle and wheel, so could push out the fender enough and still cover tire, so it wouldn’t hit the frame on tight turn. Barely enough room. If you slam the wheel, you can hear the fender hit the frame. So at this point don’t have the option to upgrade the turn radius on it. Unless I cut and narrow the frame on the lower end. Too much work. It does have reverse, so kids can take a 2 or 3 point turn if they need to.
FYI.. Not sure where you are going to mount your fronts. But would suggest get them where you want them looking good to you. Then after that, fab up some mud flaps for them. I had issue with needing to lower the fenders so the rocks, and stuff wouldn't hit the bottom side of frame. Which no major issue. But got tired needing to repaint those area's, because it was chipping the paint pretty good. A few hrs fabing up some mud flaps took care of it.