View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Contributor

Default Crossfire 400r Irs

This weekend we killed 3 buggys in ina 30 minute time span. My buddys crossfire ate a tree with the driver front wheel and broke it completely off and folded the shock in half and then not long after that i hit his son head on at about 35mph coming around a turn ( he had lost something out of his buggy and turned around to go get it) and it pretty much totaled my HH 250 and tore his HH GL 150 up pretty bad No body was seriously hurt just some bruises. But his buggy just needs 2 new a-arms and a wheel and my 250 it completely destroyed both a-arms the shock and all mounting tabs for the a-arms and strut.

So im bout to go out side and cut the HH 250 in half behind the seats and we are just going to weld the HH rear to the crossfire 150r and then after our trip to the offroad park we are going to put the 400cc on. Id like some input on building a jackshaft tho. I need to find some universal indicator lights for H/L/N/R cause i kinda got used to having them but then again idk if its worth the trouble since im planning on putting the 400cc twin on within the next month.

Another question i had was if i need both radiators or if i can get buy with the main one? And im goin to need a pair of swing arms sooner than later as these are already starting to twist.

Will try to get better pics tomorrow. The wheel base is longer than id like but its just mocked up..ish atm so itll be a couple inches shorter once its actually put together. Also looking for a pair of rear Carter GTR 250/300 rims or would like to know the offset of them so i get a set from ITP. Im eventually going 22/7/10 on the front and 23-24/11/12 on the rear.

HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )

Last edited by BEEFKING69; 07-15-2017 at 05:10 AM.