View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:09 AM
Heavy Contributor

LOL.. ya, didn't take long for me to realize I wanted reverse. I happened to have one, from some spare parts. I cleaned it up, and worked great. Looks like the same one I have. But the extra parts, is nice.
Give you a suggestion. The longer output shaft is kind of tricky to find, and being sure it's the right one. I'd suggest getting the output shaft from BD, to make sure it's the correct one. If they got it stock. I just bought a full 10' or what ever standard is for 530 chain. Extra chain is nice to have. And buy extra master clips. Come in handy also.
Cable is pretty easy to get. Most are to long, but can make them work. Lever.... if get lever from BD, or where ever, make sure you also get the back tension spring for it. When I got mine, didn't come with it. So check into it, you'll need it.
Also suggest getting some extra spacers for the output shaft. That's the trickiest part is getting the box, lined up straight with your axle sprocket. If you don't have the larger axle sprocket, you might look into that as well. The reverse box, will change your gear ratio. The bigger sprocket will help to counter act that, if you like your current gearing.
After making my first purchase for the reverse, took about a month to get it going, after realizing things down the road. So this might help, from my experience piecing everything together. The kit, would be very nice thou.