View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 05:35 AM
Contributor

I searched around a few different scooter forums when researching. Just googled honda rukus forums. Those guys do just about everything they can to these little engines and have a pretty good clue on what does and doesn't work. Of course their slider/roller weights will be totally different from what we need in a buggy but everything engine wise transfers over just the same.

I started designing a rear frame to take a 400cc Kawasaki atv engine and then decided to just keep this one stock. By the time I would have chopped it all up to put that engine in it (and a 4x4 front diff) I figured I would be better off building a frame from scratch so that is what I'm doing. Just using my kinroad as a base design. Where I live here around the swamps I pretty much have to have 4x4 and a good winch.

I noticed on fleabay the other day they have the CN 200cc engines with reverse for about $700. No clue what it would take frame, wiring, and coolant system wise mods to retrofit one of those in a gy6 150cc buggy. Might or might not be an option vs atv or snow mobile engine swaps.